We’re here when you need us
You may think of career services as something that you only need when you’re looking for a new job.
But when the opportunity for a big promotion comes up, you could use some help to quickly get your resume in shape, and shake the dust off your interview skills. Tap MBA Career Services for this and more to keep your career moving onward and upward.
At your fingertips
Professional MBA students have access to tools that make finding your next role easier than ever:
- Personal career coaching—one-on-one and exclusive to you
- Leadership assessments that help you identify your unique strengths
- Resume templates, plus writing and editing assistance
- Cover letter templates and assistance with composition
- Alumni database—find Iowa MBA alumni who can answer questions and help with interview prep
- Webinars, including how to leverage your MBA and strategic networking
Two career coaches work exclusively with Professional MBA students to help you advance to your dream role in your company, or nail the interview at your next organization.
Pivot from young leader to president
David Chivers had confidence (MBA05) – and flexibility. An Iowa MBA showed him that he could work with the best in every area.
“The Iowa MBA program reinforced the idea that I could be in the C-suite, that I could be at the highest levels."
By the time he finished school, Chivers nabbed a director-level position. He quickly moved on to executive-level positions at The Wall Street Journal and Dow Jones, before returning to Iowa to be president of The Des Moines Register.Read Story