Honoring our best
We recognize outstanding Tippie alumni for their professional accomplishments and commitment to the college through two awards: Alum of the Year and Young Alum of the Year.
The award recipients must:
- Be an alum of the University of Iowa with an Iowa degree in business (BBA, MBA, M.A., MAC, PhD). The award is not for "friends" or "associates" of the college.
- Have achieved a distinguished level of professional/career success.
- Be engaged in the life of the college (examples include serving on an advisory board or committee; speaking to classes or student organizations; mentoring students; providing financial resources; encouraging employers to hire Tippie students for internships or full-time work; providing experiential learning opportunities for students, etc.)
- Not be a current employee of the Tippie College of Business.
- Be under the age of 40 (for the Young Alum of the Year award only).
Nominations must be received by midnight, December 16, 2016. Award recipients will be notified after January 1.
Awards will be presented at our Chicago Luncheon on Thursday, February 23, 2017.
|Year||Alum of the Year||Young Alum of the Year|
|2016||Stephen Belyn, BBA 1991||Todd Nelson, MBA 2007|
|2015||Margaret (Peg) Stessman, EMBA 2012||Chuck Mersch, BBA 2007/MBA 2008|
|2014||Dana Ramundt, BBA 1974||Tom Niblock, BBA 2007|