Community college transfer guides
The Tippie College of Business has partnered with a number of Iowa and Illinois community colleges and created transfer guides to identify courses that will satisfy Tippie’s admissions requirements.
If your college or university is not on the list, check out the transfer equivalency search tool maintained by the university. Using the drop-down menus, select your institution, followed by the Tippie College of Business.
Iowa community colleges
- Des Moines Area Community College
- Eastern Iowa Community College
- Hawkeye Community College
- Iowa Central Community College
- Indian Hills Community College
- Iowa Lakes Community College
- Iowa Valley Community College
- Iowa Western Community College
- Kirkwood Community College
- Northeast Iowa Community College
- North Iowa Area Community College
- Northwest Iowa Community College
- Southeastern Community College
- Southwestern Community College
- Western Iowa Technical Community College
Associate's degree articulation agreements
Transfer students with an A.A. degree from a two-year institution that has an articulation agreement with the university will enter the university having fulfilled all of the General Education Requirements (except world language) for the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Tippie College of Business, College of Education, and University College. The University of Iowa has articulation agreements with all Iowa community colleges and Black Hawk College in Illinois.
Articulation agreements between the University of Iowa and Iowa's community colleges are detailed in The Public Connection: A Report on the Statewide Articulation Agreements Between Iowa's Community Colleges and the Regent Universities.
If you completed an associate degree other than an A.A., or if you received your A.A. from a college that does not have an articulation agreement with the university, your credits will be evaluated course-by-course to determine how they will transfer.