Develop bold insights that lead change
Why wait for a breakthrough when you can make it yourself?
At Tippie, innovation and entrepreneurship is part of our DNA. Since business leader and venture capitalist John Pappajohn founded the John Pappajohn Entreprenerial Center (Iowa JPEC) in 1996, our reputation for innovation has only continued to grow. You can learn from this legacy with an Innovation Certificate that blends the experience of Tippie's Management & Entrepreneurship Department with Iowa JPEC's signature start-up spirit.
The Innovation Certificate comprises five total courses—three required plus two electives. You'll gain skills to generate bold new solutions to business problems, push innovation forward at your company, and develop your own ventures.
Most courses are fully online. Some in-person courses are available in Des Moines and Cedar Rapids.
Complete five courses (three required courses + two electives)
Primarily 8- and 11-week courses, meeting one night a week, no Fridays or weekends.
Time to complete
As little as 1 year
$11,250 (Five courses at $2,250 each)
No entrance exam required.
The Innovation Certificate requires:
All of these
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation—ENTR:9100
- Strategic Management of Technology & Innovation—ENTR:9450
- Managing the Growth Business—ENTR:9500
One of these
- Agile Project Management—BAIS:9140
- Entrepreneurial Finance—ENTR:9200
- Project Management—MGMT:9185
One of these
- Dynamics of Negotiations—MGMT:9110
- Leadership & Personal Development—MGMT:9120
- Maximizing Team Performance—MGMT:9220
Take the next step
You can start the Innovation Certificate in any semester. No business prerequisites are needed, and there's no entrance exam. See application deadlines and minimum requirements on the Admission page.