Due to capacity constraints, the Part-time Master of Business Analytics program has limited capacity for international students (defined as non-U.S. citizens/permanent residents). If you are a non-U.S. citizen living outside the United States we will not be able to consider your application for admission. 

Applying as an international student

Guidelines for international students applying to the Part-time Master of Business Analytics are as follows:

Undergraduate degree

You must hold either a U.S. bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or an equivalent degree from another country as determined by the Office of Admissions.

If you are admitted, the Office of International Admissions requires you to submit your official marks sheets (transcripts) and diploma, as well as a translated copy if the original is not in English. 

English language requirement

TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for international applicants. You may get an English language test waiver if you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. To understand specific requirements and to see waiver eligibility, visit Graduate College English Proficiency Requirements.

English language minimum test scores


Minimum score: 100 iBT


Minimum total score: 7.0

Minimum sub score: 6.0

 *All IELTS test takers will be required to take the on-campus English Proficiency Evaluation.

Reporting your score

TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years. Apply before your scores expire. You can apply with an unofficial score report; if admitted, you’ll need to order an official TOEFL or IELTS score report and have it sent to the University of Iowa. Our institution code is 6681.

Health insurance requirement

International students located in the United States must have health insurance to attend the University of Iowa. You can submit proof of coverage through the MyUI student information portal after you’re admitted. If you're studying outside the U.S., there's no need to provide proof of health insurance.


U.S.-based degree programs from the University of Iowa pursued fully online don't require a visa. We do not issue F-1 (student) visas for our students. The most common type of visa for our students is an H-1B, sponsored by their employer, but different types are also eligible for admission.

Location limitations

Due to firewalls or government restrictions that affect the Canvas Learning Management System (LMS), we are unable to admit students who will be studying in China, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the region of Crimea.