These awards are used to attract the best and brightest MBA candidates.
Last year, 86% of admitted students received a financial award. The average award totaled over $20k annually. We award based on merit, and packages can consist of a graduate assistantship (G.A.) and scholarship or a scholarship alone.
Financial award stats
Award (class of 2018)
Percent of class
Full tuition (100% of tuition covered)
Partial with assistantship (88% of tuition covered)
Partial without assistantship (~50% of tuition covered)
Financial awards for full-time MBA students
Iowa Elite MBA Scholar Award
This award is set aside for high-quality candidates to the Iowa Full-time MBA Program, determined based on professional achievement, standardized test scores, undergraduate academics, and results from the admissions interview.
- Value: Full tuition and partial tuition
- Eligibility: All candidates
Kathleen Dore Women’s MBA Scholarship and Henry Tippie Women’s MBA Scholarship
We’re looking for professional leadership promise, which we measure through your academic performance, your work and life experience, and the goals you have for both your MBA experience and your career.
- Value: Full tuition plus $5,000
- Eligibility: First- and second-year female candidates (This is open to second-year women MBA students with a preference to the recipient of the prior year’s Dore-Tippie MBA Scholarship for Women Leaders scholarship.)
AmeriCorps Service Distinction Award
The mission of AmeriCorps—and the organizations under its umbrella, including Teach for America and City Year—pairs well with the Iowa MBA's purpose of creating future business leaders.
- Value: Full or partial tuition, in addition to any Segal AmeriCorps Education Award benefits
- Eligibility: A completed term of service with AmeriCorps State and National (including Teach for America and City Year), AmeriCorps VISTA, or AmeriCorps NCCC. Mention your AmeriCorps experience on your resume when you apply.
Military veterans bring valuable skills to the classroom, and to their post-MBA employer: leadership, reliability, and productivity. We support veterans and active-duty military through awards that augment Post–9/11 GI Bill benefits, as well as our own Military Veteran Priority Program.
- Details: Veterans pursuing degrees at Iowa and paying out-of-state tuition can qualify for additional support if they are eligible for the Post–9/11 GI Bill.
- Value: From $5,000 to $15,000, in addition to GI Bill benefits. Veterans are eligible for resident tuition. Contact an admissions representative for details.
- Eligibility: Veterans or active-duty U.S. military eligible for Post–-9/11 GI Bill benefits.
Returning Iowan Award
Iowa is a place that's easy to come home to. Native Iowans returning for an MBA are eligible for this award.
- Value: Full or partial tuition.
- Eligibility: Graduated from an Iowa high school and living and working outside the state of Iowa when you apply.
University of Iowa Alum Award
No matter your undergrad major, your Iowa MBA is just as smart an investment as your UI bachelor's.
- Value: Full or partial tuition
- Eligibility: A bachelor's or master's degree from the University of Iowa
Iowa MBA Emerging Markets Award
MBAs from emerging economies carry a unique point of view into the classroom that enriches discussion and educates others about the challenges of doing business in an ever-changing market. Because exchange rates can make study in the U.S. challenging, we're dedicated to supporting these MBA candidates with financial awards.
- Value: Full tuition or partial tuition
- Eligibility: Citizens of one of the world's emerging or frontier economies, as defined by the MSCI Emerging & Frontier Markets list.
Iowa MBA India & China Awards
Growing the tradition of Iowa MBA students from these countries allows us to use this strong network, already in place, for networking and employment opportunities.
- Value: Full or partial tuition
- Eligibility: Candidates with citizenship in India or China (including Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan)
Note: Financial awards are available for on-campus (Iowa City) full-time MBA students only.